Bath Pillow: Spending Quality Time In A Bathtub
If you're a bather who finds it enjoyable to relax in bathtub or therapeutic whirlpool, you will no doubt need a bath pillow for it can totally transform your whole bathing experience. Although taking normal warm bath can be relaxing for many people, having a bath pillow to support your head and neck will make the whole experience even more relaxing. With it, you can easily get all the support you need to position yourself comfortably in your tub.
Bath Pillows: Bathing In Style And Comfort
What's the first thing you want to do after coming back from work? If you have a bathtub in your bathroom, chances are you will want to soak yourself in it and have a cool and refreshing bath. However, the problem with most bathtubs is that they are not designed to ergonomically support your head and neck--that's where a bath pillow comes in. A bath pillow with suction cups will make it possible and comfortable for you to lie back and relax, thus making your bathtub more effective for relieving your daily stress and tiring aches; making your precious time in bathtubs more comfortable (now that's what I spending quality time with yourself).
These pillows are available in various sizes and a variety of different shapes such as square, round and shell, heart, and so on. Although most pillows in the market are filled with foam as it is the best material for providing softness and support, you can also choose the ones that are filled with memory foam (pressure and heat sensitive), beads (great for molding the pillow to the shape of your neck), and jelly (be sure to have it chilled in the fridge before using to give you that cool and refreshing experience).
Alternatively, you can choose bath pillows that can be filled with air or hot or cold water. The great thing about this type of pillow is that you can inflate it to suit your supporting needs and you can certainly deflate it easily for transportation or storage. For a cool and refreshing experience, especially during the hot summer season, you would fill it with cold water. If you need to relax the sore muscles in your neck and upper back, just fill it with hot water.
If you want to pamper yourself with some massage, a massaging bath pillow will do just the trick. This pillow is usually battery-operated and it has a built-in motor that will produce the vibrations to massage your neck and head. It also comes with adjustable intensity modes to help you customize the massage to suit your needs. Nevertheless, some of these pillows can be very noisy so make sure you choose one that can operate quietly.
Bath Pillows Reviews: How To Choose A Good Pillow
Although choosing the right bath pillow is basically a matter of personal choice, below are some important features you should look out for:
- Water-resistant. Since you will be using your bath pillow in a bathtub, make sure that you choose pillows that have water proof covers or the ones that are made from welded plastic and terry cloth. Alternatively, you can choose the ones that are molded from plastic or rubber too.
- Mildew-resistant. Having mildew on your pillow can be a serious problem as it will not only stain but also make your pillow smell terrible and disgusting. Make sure that the pillow you're interested in is treated to not only resist mildew but also mold, odors, and bacteria. If the pillow you got isn't mildew-resistant, immediately remove it from the tub and dry it after you've used it.
- Strong suction cups. Bath pillows that come with suction cups are highly recommended as they are designed to keep them stay in place. This is very important because you certainly don't want your pillow to sink into the water and get all soaked up. If you have a textured or smooth tub, weak suction cups will not stick well so make sure that the suction cups are strong enough to hold the weight of the pillow, especially the ones that can be filled with water.
- Well-made seams. This is very important for pillows that can be filled with air or water. Quality of the material is of utmost importance and having well made seams is a must to prevent any leaking problems. Also make sure that the filling opening is easy to close once the pillow is full.
- Machine washable. Make sure that you only use pillows that are washing machine friendly. That way, even if your pillow does get wet, you can always have it washed normally in a washing machine.
Bath Pillows: Word Of Advice--Choose Quality Over Price
When it comes to choosing a good bath pillow, make sure that you choose one that can provide all the support you need for head and neck while you're enjoying yourself in your tub. If you can't find a pillow that is well contoured to fit your head or neck, get an inflatable one instead because it allows you to easily adjust the firmness and height of the pillow to suit your neck.